[OpenBIOS] Hello

Jeroen Jacobs jjacobs at mail.dma.be
Fri Feb 27 17:29:42 CET 1998

Hi,

I just subscribed to this mailing-list and I read the discussion
about implementing FS-code into the BIOS.

There a few things you should consider first:

* Every OS (DOS, Win95/NT, Linux, OS/2 ...) should be rewritten
  to use this new filesystem.

* You should also include drivers for Hard-disks (E/IDE, SCSI).
  Can 1 ROM module hold all this code ??

* What kind of filesystem should it be ?? At least it should
  contain long filenames-support, user-permission flags and
  maybe auto-defragmentation.

In my opinion it would be best to let the OS do the FS-code.

Greetings,

Jeroen Jacobs

Internet: jjacobs at mail.dma.be
Fidonet: 2:292/516.2