[OpenBIOS] Re: Some Questions and ideas for gnu-bios

Chris Arguin Chris.Arguin at unh.edu
Tue Feb 17 18:05:52 CET 1998

On Tue, 17 Feb 1998, Pavel Machek wrote:

> Under linux, bios is not used (well, with exceptions of APM).

What about the IDE LBA mappings? I don't think that is done inside the
Linux kernel, so I imagine it is handled by the BIOS. Sure, it isn't a
call to Int 13, but we've got to handle that.

Also, some people (like myself, unforunitly) have a SCSI BIOS onboard.
AFAIK, that SCSI BIOS is part of the regular BIOS (corrections, anyone?).
If so, we will have to handle that as well to get Linux to boot.

--
Chris Arguin                 | "The duke had a mind that ticked like a
Chris.Arguin at unh.edu         |  clock and, like a clock, it regularly

---
OpenBIOS -- http://www.linkscape.net/openbios/
openbios-request at linkscape.net   Body: un/subscribe