Hello

Simon Richter geier at psi5.com
Tue Oct 27 00:45:15 CET 1998

Stefan Reinauer schrieb:

> I am a bit in fear that we might
> get problems implementing a forth interpreter in 128k together with the
> whole stuff we need to get a machine running. (This may be because I am
> not familiar with Forth, though) :)

Well, I personally do not need Forth to get my computer running, but I'd
rather like to see ACPI implemented.

> > I also think that providing legacy OS support though loading a
> > traditional BIOS from disk is the way to go.
>
> Yes. fully true.

Well, I'm not too sure about that. It would require a Windows user to store
some BIOS file on disk, which would be either on a Windows partition, where it
could be accidentally deleted, on a special partition, which would require a
partition entry, or outside any partitions, where it would be hard to protect
the file from fdisk.

Linking wrapper functions is the better way IMHO, since it would not require
too much memory and let us run OpenBIOS in the background of these OSs.

CU
   Simon