[OpenBIOS] got it!

Ronald G Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Fri Apr 14 17:59:30 CEST 2000

OK, I've got linuxbios up and running under freebios.

I've made the changes to freebios that I outlined earlier, to wit: 10
instructions, and you're in protected mode using the NVRAM-based gdt. 30
lines of macros, DRAM is up and you jump to C. In C, you turn on caching,
set things in the PIIX4E so it's right, set up minimal MTRRs so that
caching is *really* on, etc., etc. and then gunzip linux and jump to it.

Then linux fails to boot as I have no SMP tables :-) I have to yank these
off a running system. I may take a break from this miserable intel
mainboard and cut over to SiS for a few days, once I get a flash burner
that is ...

Man is this nice. I recommend openbios folks look at freebios structure,
because:

				NO MORE ASSEMBLY!

ron

-