[OpenBIOS] PCI setup code

Alan Grimes alangrimes at starpower.net
Wed Apr 12 15:57:39 CEST 2000

>  Linux starts UP then and uses 8259A interrupt controllers which have
>to work due to the DOS compatibility.

DAMNIT! I wish I could go back in time to 1978 and show microsoft how to write
a good unified driver and GFX library architecture so that all programs would
be written to use a single portable interface so we could have 32 peer
interrupt channels (no cascading) and a full 16 DMAs. =((((((((((((((

Just for fun: rewrite your autoexec.bat to read:

" Mem /c > prn "

turn your printer on, yank out your video card and then boot... You get like
900k of somewhat usable DOS memory! =)
I have proof that this works, it is hanging on my wall! =)

--
To whomever it may concern: DO NOT RECCOMEND A PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE TO ME
WITHOUT PROVIDING COMPLETE BIBILOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION ON WHAT YOU THINK
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de