[OpenBIOS] PCI setup code

Alan Grimes alangrimes at starpower.net
Wed Mar 29 20:48:47 CEST 2000

I have been studying operating system design for years in hopes of writing my
own. I strongly agree with Colin, Hardware info, init, and drivers should be
in the bios or somewhere outside of the kernel... Even linux moves many
drivers out into loadables... =) This trend is good. It is still fairly kludgy
but its better than having everything inside the kernel.

--
Are you sure there are only five basic questions?
(who, what, where, when, and how)

http://users.erols.com/alangrimes/
-
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de