[OpenBIOS] asm code

James jvh at uclink4.berkeley.edu
Wed Mar 1 11:03:50 CET 2000

/*
Since you are already in C after it uncompresses the kernel, you could
do something like:
*/

  int i;
  void *vidmem = 0x0b8000;

  for (i = 0; i < 80*25*2; i++) {     /*  Clear an 80*25 screen  */
    *(vidmem + i) = 0;
  }

/*
  Something like that, at least; I've been doing way too much Java
recently, I can't think straight..
  The harder part is writing something to the screen; letters are on the
even bytes (0xb8000, 0xb8002, 0xb8004, etc), attributes are on the odd
ones (0xb001, 0xb003...).
	- James

To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de