[OpenBIOS] Re: [fb-d] next problem: keyboard.

Ronald G Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Thu May 4 18:17:59 CEST 2000

On Thu, 4 May 2000, Jeff Garzik wrote:

> Ronald G Minnich wrote:
> What are the symptoms of the failure?  Does the Linux kernel print out
> any keyboard-related messages?   Does booting even get far?

The kernel is up with a login prompt, displaying very nicely on the Matrox
(cool logo in the upper left, BTW). When it tries to do anything with the
keyboard, however, nothing happens.

Turns out that you have to do a bit of work with the PIIX4E power
management registers to get things like keyboard going. I'm still digging.

docs: SiS not on the web yet. They will be happy to send docs, however,
those guys are really cool. For Intel, I will try to remember the links,
but at the least you need the PIIX4E manual.

ron

-
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de