[OpenBIOS] First contact

Stefan Reinauer stepan at openbios.org
Tue Oct 14 18:29:25 CEST 2003

Hi Frank,

* Frank Alcantara <frank at thyamad.com> [031014 14:00]:
> I am a complete newbie in BIOS Area, I am starting this just now. So I
> guess the freebios is the best option to my embedded projects. Few day
> ago, I saw some posts about a Award bios source, this source should be
> very usefully for who is starting, there are this source available?
> Where can I find this? There are others bios sources available? I will
> starting in freebios studying all possible sources and posting all of my
> observations, please help me in this startup.

Award BIOS Source code was illegally published quite a long while ago,
but it is not advisable to use this for any purpose, since it is
Award/Phoenix's intellectual property.

See http://www.openbios.org/project/rules.html

Since most closed source software is never reviewed by a huge amount of
community people, I am deeply convinced that you can learn a lot more
about techniques, concepts and implementation from the free firmware
variants that are out there, namely LinuxBIOS, OpenBIOS, uboot, gbios,
Proll, Tiara. Find the URLs at http://www.openbios.org/docs/links.html

Stefan