[OpenBIOS] Interesting issues have surfaced in building R69 using the tools for Slackware

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Tue Jul 25 10:53:49 CEST 2006

* Gregg Levine <gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com> [060725 04:03]:
> However one question: How do I make use of the grubfs files? For
> example I came across the usual files that I see when I build a
> release of Grub-Legacy, and those make sense, (Those are the ones that
> start with fsys.) but I saw there one called grubfs.o . These were
> seen in the target subdirectory inside and inside the subdirectory fs
> and then inside one called (what else?) grubfs. Are these for the one
> called Grub2?

No. I used grubfs as the umbrella term for all the filesystems I
imported from (legacy) grub. The reason I used these fs drivers was
they are small and easy to include in own projects. The grub2 fs
drivers supported a lot less filesystems, so I never added support to
include these drivers as well.
Except for zfs there's probably enough filesystems in openbios by now..

S.
--
      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613