[OpenBIOS] Sun OBP bugs in 1.0RC1

Peter pjcreath+openbios at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 04:32:01 CET 2007

This deviation is the documented fix for one of the SunOS crashes.
Sun4m requires there to be 4 CPU-specific interrupts and counters
(regardless of the number of CPUs) before the system-wide interrupt
and counter.  The OBP registers you point out were broken in this
regard:  it only mapped a single CPU specific interrupt and counter.
This allowed OBP to boot, say, linux, but not SunOS.