[OpenBIOS] Latest SPARC64 & Milax update

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Sat Jan 2 12:58:35 CET 2010

Tarl Neustaedter wrote:

> In Sun's openboot, that's in go.fth (lives in obp/ach/sun4u/go.fth), and
> it does an execute-buffer on whatever's in load-base, followed by
> initializing the registers, trap-table and stack for the client
> interface. Specifically (I can include this because it has been
> open-sourced):

(lots cut)

With Stefan's hack in place, the Fcode finishes execution but it doesn't
seem to load anything from the ramdisk. AFAICT at the moment the
contents of /platform/sun4u/boot_archive is being loaded at 0x51000000,
and a new node /ramdisk-root is being created with methods that seem to
point into this memory space.

What I can't see at the moment is how the device switch takes place,
i.e. when /ramdisk-root is used to load the kernel from the image. There
are several checks for nested? in do-boot and friends which make me
think that something in init-program should be calling do-boot again
once the ramdisk switch has taken place...

ATB,

Mark.

--
PostgreSQL - PostGIS