[openfirmware] Troubleshooting VGA under qemu? [patch]

Marcin Cieslak saper at saper.info
Fri Oct 2 21:37:52 CET 2015

On Sat, 3 Oct 2015, James Cameron wrote:

> I've tested your patch with qmeu-2.0.0 and it mostly works.
>
> 	qemu-system-i386  -L . -bios emuofw.rom  -hda fat:. -vga vmware
>
> But when a burst of text occurs some of the screen is not updated.  To
> reproduce, type show-devs at the ok prompt.  See attached window
> capture.

No, everything works here normally. Using either qemu 2.4.0
or qemu git master.

Only getting lots of qemu messages when scrolling:

vmsvga_update_rect: update height > 768 (y: 112, h: 768)

but everything seems to be fine.

Can you show me your .properties of the vmware
display? Everything is fine with other VGAs (cirrus, std)?

Marcin