Can M$-VC compile BIOS C-code?

Stefan Reinauer stepan at suse.de
Thu Mar 18 14:31:31 CET 1999

On Thu, 18 Mar 1999, Tim Small wrote:

> You could probably get everything going under win32, with Cygnus Cygwin, or
> Mingw32, if you were really masochistic, you might even be able to get it driven
> by devstudio ;-).
>
> http://agnes.dida.physik.uni-essen.de/~janjaap/mingw32/index.html
> http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/

This might help to get development on a window system started. But it's
very likely the same code that comes out at last. It would be more
interesting to know if the VC code is actually better than the gcc code.

I don't think it's a good idea to do development under windows since at
least the first releases of OpenBIOS are not and won't be able to boot a
windows system. But that's of course only my personal opinion...

Regards,
  Stefan Reinauer.

--
SuSE GmbH                                       Can you afford *NOT*
Schanzäckerstr. 10                                     to use Linux?