[OpenBIOS] linuxbios status

Ronald G Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Fri Jun 9 18:02:16 CEST 2000

1) we're booting on two machines from power up: SiS 630 (procomp bst1b
   mainboard) and L440GX+. No intervention needed, they just come up.
2) we've got a first cut at parameter passing from linuxbios to linux.
   We're passing memory size and are working on cmdline now.
   cmdline is being placed in the right place. We're gradually removing
   the #ifdef LINUXBIOS code from our 2.3.99-pre5 kernel.
   In the limit we should be able to boot any linux.
3) we're working on nvram writes and SMP startup on the L440GX

I'm out for the next week so checkins will quiet down. I'm going to check
in the tree as of its current state. I'll be watching email, so if you hit
a problem let me know.

ron

-
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de