[OpenBIOS] Re: [fb-d] Current States of LinuxBios on SiS 630

Jeff Garzik jgarzik at mandrakesoft.com
Fri Jun 2 19:55:03 CEST 2000

Ronald G Minnich wrote:

> I have been looking closely at my freebios changes for linuxbios. They are
> pretty much disjoint to what is there now.
>
> I'll wait a little longer but if I hear no objections I'm going to commit
> without a branch, since basically everything I've done would be useful to
> both things.
>
> In freebios there is now a linuxbios directory. So we have:
>
> freebios/
>         linuxbios
>         chip
>         include
>         rom
>         src
>
> and so on. There's no real intrusion of linuxbios on the other pieces.

Looks good, I would only change minor things...   PCI code doesn't
belong in chip/intel, and neither does SiS-related code (that's for
chip/sis...)

crt0.S similarly should probably go in chip/intel or chip/sis,
respectively.

the inflate code shouldn't be in the linuxbios directory.

Basically I would like to move code which it useful outside of
linuxbios, outside of the linuxbios directory.

--
Jeff Garzik              | Liberty is always dangerous, but
Building 1024            | it is the safest thing we have.
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de