[OpenBIOS] yeeee ha!

Erwin Rol erwin at muffin.org
Tue Mar 21 22:13:20 CET 2000

"Ronald G. Minnich" wrote:

> Oen remaining problem is speed. I have caching enabled but it takes a very
> long time to get the gunzip done. I figure there is some other bit I need
> to set ... I'll do that one later. For now, it's time to attach an IDE
> disk and see how it goes.

What times are we talking about ?
Could you give any benchmarks ? like how long it takes from turning on
the
computer until init is called ?

It would be _very_ interesting to have a (custom) init running within 2
second or less
after powerup, could you see this happening ?

(of course that will exclude slow starting things like SCSI controlers
and the like,
and no auto probing , everything preconfigured in the kernel)

thanx and keep up the great work,

Erwin

-
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de