[OpenBIOS] STPC BIOS sources posted

Jeff Garzik jgarzik at mandrakesoft.com
Thu Mar 2 14:04:53 CET 2000

Jaime Dias wrote:

> > > Other than copyright questions STP pretty much is laid out (in how it
> > > works) just like I want. No NASM at all. Get memory going, get into
> 32-bit
> > > mode, get into C in short order. It's really a good design.
> > >
> is any plan to get hardware init and drivers?
> it has future plans on open bios to support mutilpe os loader?

Jaime,

I don't want to speak for Johan, but from past conversations with him it
seems more like the STPC BIOS sources are a code drop from a dead
project.

He offered to let me maintain the sources, which I might do if/when I
get my i430FX motherboard booting with the STPC-derived BIOS...

But to answer your question, I don't think there are ANY plans for this
source, as it is a code drop and not the beginning of a new project...

Regards,

	Jeff

--
Jeff Garzik              | Rule 1:
Building 1024            | There is no cabal.
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de