[OpenBIOS] $find

Stefan Reinauer stepan at suse.de
Sat Jun 29 17:33:47 CEST 2002

* Segher Boessenkool <segher at chello.nl> [020628 15:08]:
> > SEE still needs the word's name, which is ugly to get when you have
> > the XT only.
>
> SEE ( "name< >" -- )
> $SEE ( name name-len -- )
> (SEE) ( xt -- )
>
> SEE and $SEE -- I think it's quite easy to get the word's name here ;)
>
> (SEE) can't in general find the name.

I am not talking about the word you want to see, but the words that are
compiled into this word's CFA. There you only have a pointer to another
CFA, but NOT to the word's header.

> FWIW, I'm getting rid of COMPILE-ONLY altogether; and there'll be a separate
> FCode-immediate (and probably not in the word's flags, but in the fcode table).

I agree, COMPILE-ONLY is somewhat duplicate with IMMEDIATE anyways as it
is nothing but an immediate word with no interpretion functionality.
But why add yet another flag for FCode? What should that be good for?

  Stefan

--
The x86 isn't all that complex - it just doesn't make a lot of
sense.          -- Mike Johnson, Leader of 80x86 Design at AMD
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de
http://www.freiburg.linux.de/OpenBIOS/ - free your system..