[OpenBIOS] Bootloader

Stefan Reinauer stepan at openbios.org
Tue Jan 6 15:24:55 CET 2004

* ron minnich <rminnich at lanl.gov> [040106 04:15]:
> what is interesting is that linuxbios works on PPC.
>
> So a full linuxbios->openbios->your code exists, if anyone wants to put it
> together, that would be all open-source.

Everything that is needed has already been merged into the OpenBIOS tree
(currently only in BK, not in CVS)
The ppc architecture code of OpenBIOS already has a dummy target for an
MPC107 board, like the Embedded Planet EP405pc which is supported by
LinuxBIOS. It probably needs some fiddling to get everything working on
real hardware, but we're really close now..
If somebody wants to look at this, please do!

Stefan