[OpenBIOS] FCode suite: Add vendor specific FCodes

dlpaktor at netscape.net dlpaktor at netscape.net
Tue Oct 24 18:44:48 CEST 2006

Rolf.Schroedter at dlr.de wrote:

>detok has an option '--fcodes' adding vendor specific Fcodes from a
>list-file.
>Is there a similar possibility for the tokenizer ?
>
>Rolf.

The posibility is there, although it might not be presented as such.

Prepare some definitions in a form like this:

f[  h# 647 constant my-funny-fcode  ]f
global-definitions
[macro] my-funny-function  f[ my-funny-fcode emit-fcode ]f
device-definitions

And now your  funny function is as available as if it were something
Standard...

Oh ...  Note:  In version 1.0.0 and 1.0.1  the  emit-fcode  command
disallows values
outside the range of user-assignable FCodes (0x800-0xFFF).  You may have
to trick
it as follows:

[macro] my-funny-function  f[ 6 emit-byte 47 emit-byte ]f

In version 1.0.2  (available very soon)  the limitation on  emit-fcode
will be opened up
to permit numbers in the full range of FCodes, 0x010 to 0xFFF  so the
first version
will function as you desire.

David L. Paktor     DLPaktor at netscape.net