[OpenBIOS] Sparc64 OpenBIOS

Tarl Neustaedter Tarl.Neustaedter at Sun.COM
Thu Nov 19 21:14:23 CET 2009

Nick Couchman wrote:
> [...]
> So, in trying to track this down further, I need some more help with the debugger in OpenBIOS.  It seems that I have to go through the boot process at least once before I can debug certain things.  For example, if I start up qemu and immediately type "debug do-boot", I'm told "could not locate word for debugging ok",

Right. do-boot is defined by the primary bootblocks, the code it reads
from blocks 1-15. If you're still booting from the Nevada CD, use boot
cdrom -H , which will cause it to halt before it executes do-boot.
You'll have to clean up -H from the arguments so you can get past the
test for halt?.

I'd suggest:

ok boot cdrom -H
ok debug do-boot
ok do-boot

(step through until you see the test for halt?, then enter forth and set
halt? to false).