[OpenBIOS] Sparc64 OpenBIOS

Tarl Neustaedter Tarl.Neustaedter at Sun.COM
Thu Nov 19 21:54:22 CET 2009

Nick Couchman wrote:
> [...]
> That last entry - fword("byte-load"); - is where I get the Unhandled Exception in Qemu.  So, I also set fcode-verbose to true and ran it, again - the output is very, very long, so I won't include it in the e-mail, but the last few lines look like this:
>
> 5b82 : b(:) [ 0xb7 ]
> 5b84 : (compile) parse-bootargs [ 0x8cf ]
> 5b86 : (compile) halt? [ 0x8ce ]
> 5b87 : (compile) b?branch [ 0x14 ]
>        (offset) 1d
> 5b8a : (compile) b(") [ 0x12 ]
>        (const) Halted with -H flag.
> 5ba1 : (compile) type [ 0x90 ]
> 5ba2 : (compile) cr [ 0x92 ]
> 5ba3 : (compile) exit [ 0x33 ]
> 5ba4 : (compile) b(>resolve) [ 0xb2 ]
> 5ba6 : (compile) get-bootdev [ 0x8a0 ]
> 5ba8 : (compile) load-pkg [ 0x89f ]
> 5baa : (compile) mount-root [ 0x8a1 ]
> 5bac : (compile) zflag? [ 0x8c4 ]
> 5bae : (compile) nested? [ 0x892 ]
> 5baf : (compile) invert [ 0x26 ]
> 5bb0 : (compile) and [ 0x23 ]
> 5bb1 : (compile) b?branch [ 0x14 ]
>        (offset) 7
> 5bb5 : (compile) fs-name$ [ 0x8c6 ]
> 5bb7 : (compile) open-zfs-fs [ 0x8c7 ]
> 5bb8 : (compile) b(>resolve) [ 0xb2 ]
> 5bba : (compile) load-file [ 0x8e4 ]
> 5bbc : (compile) setup-props [ 0x8e5 ]
> 5bbe : (compile) exec-file [ 0x8e6 ]
> 5bbf : (compile) b(;) [ 0xc2 ]

Yup. Above is compiling all the FCode from the primary bootblocks.
That's good - it managed to read the initial blocks and get through
evaluating them. (I fear it's going to mush itself together in the
email, however. Ah well).

> 5bc0 : 0 [ 0xa5 ]
> 5bc1 : b(to) [ 0xc3 ]
> 5bc5 : do-boot [ 0x8e7 ]
> Unaligned access to 0x0000000000000014 from 0x00000000ffd10d9c
> Unhandled Exception 0x0000000000000034
>
> Let me know if you want me to attach the full output, or if this is helpful at all...

O.k. - the above says it *did* manage to execute the do-boot. Since
you've given it the -H flag, it should have stopped about four tokens
in. The only thing it could be executing was "parse-bootargs", and that
hadn't failed on us before.

Are you sure you're giving the command "boot cdrom -H" (capital H)?