[OpenBIOS] Sparc64 OpenBIOS

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Fri Nov 20 17:02:04 CET 2009

Stefan Reinauer wrote:

>> Do you reckon you could come up with an implementation of these
>> relatively easily?
>
> Please update to r617... I added a (pretty much untested, but it does
> not break things that were not broken before) implementation of the
> IEEE Draft Std P1275.6/D5 64 Bit Extensions and tried adding some
> (probably rarely used) words that were unimplemented in
> forth/device/others.fs

Ooooh - nice work! You're obviously more fluent in Forth than most
people here ;)

> Please give it a shot to see if it changes things

Yes it does, but with my patch from yesterday also applied, now it looks
as if something else is broken:

OpenBIOS for Sparc64
Configuration device id QEMU version 1 machine id 0
CPUs: 1 x SUNW,UltraSPARC-II
UUID: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
Welcome to OpenBIOS v1.0 built on Nov 20 2009 15:53
   Type 'help' for detailed information

[sparc64] Booting file 'cdrom' with parameters ''
Not a bootable ELF image
Not a Linux kernel image
Not a bootable a.out image
Loaded 7084 bytes
entry point is 0x4000
Evaluating FCode...
Unhandled Exception 0x00000004ff702000
PC = 0x00000000ffd102b8 NPC = 0x00000000ffd102bc
Stopping execution

BTW is there any chance you could review and apply the patch for
debugger here:
http://lists.openbios.org/pipermail/openbios/2009-November/004063.html.

Many thanks,

Mark.