[OpenBIOS] r624 - trunk/openbios-devel/forth/system

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Sun Nov 22 22:29:43 CET 2009

Blue Swirl wrote:

> However, something interesting happens with MilaX:
> [sparc64] Booting file 'cdrom' with parameters ''
> Not a bootable ELF image
> Not a Linux kernel image
> Not a bootable a.out image
> Loaded 7392 bytes
> entry point is 0x4000
> Evaluating FCode...
> Unhandled Exception 0x9000170000000000
> PC = 0x00000000ffd0e2c4 NPC = 0x00000000ffd0e2c8
> Stopping execution
>
> Maybe the FCode gets something loaded and starts to execute?

Not quite, but we're close. According to the debugger here, we're
actually hitting load-file within the boot process on Milax :)  However,
we need to finish reworking all of the client interface Forth words to
take into account the new reverse ordering. I've made a start on this,
but it will take me a bit of time because its in Forth - I'll post a
patch as I complete it, although any offers of help are gratefully accepted.

ATB,

Mark.

--
PostgreSQL - PostGIS