[OpenBIOS] PPC cross-compiler defaults to 'powerpc-linux-gnu-'prefix

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Wed Nov 25 13:38:05 CET 2009

On 11/25/09 1:21 PM, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:
> I think the best overall solution would be to simply search for both
> the -elf and -linux versions in switch-arch and pick the first one
> found - does that work for everyone?
While we're at it...  We have a similar script in coreboot, ...
"xcompile" searches for a suitable compiler and is run by the top level
Makefile:

http://tracker.coreboot.org/trac/coreboot/browser/trunk/util/xcompile/xcompile

What are the general feelings towards the configuration system?
The XML make stuff never really was an improvement over Kconfig +
Kbuild, so we might move over to that... Lot's of people know it, it's
easy to integrate, and it's not another layer on top of make.

Stefan