[OpenBIOS] QEMU and OpenBIOS

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Wed Aug 18 10:53:57 CEST 2010

Steven Noonan wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I just compiled OpenBIOS (from trunk) with a ton of CONFIG_DEBUG*
> options enabled, but I'm not getting any output from them (at least,
> under QEMU). printk() seems to work for this portion:
>
>>> =============================================================
>>> OpenBIOS 1.0 [Aug 17 2010 21:39]
>>> Configuration device id QEMU version 1 machine id 2
>>> CPUs: 1
>>> Memory: 1024M
>>> UUID: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
>>> CPU type PowerPC,G4
>
> But nothing after that point gets printed to the serial device.
>
> Any ideas where I should be looking?
>
> - Steven

Hi Steven,

Have you enabled the CONFIG_DEBUG* options in the right file? For
example, for debugging PPC you need to make the changes to
config/examples/ppc_config.xml if you are doing a native build and
config/examples/cross-ppc_config.xml if you are using a cross-compiler.

Also, "make clean" isn't sufficient for a rebuild based upon a
configuration change. Once you've made the configuration changes, you'll
need to blow away the obj-ppc directory and re-run the switch-arch
script to regenerate it with the new configuration.

HTH,

Mark.

--
PostgreSQL - PostGIS