[OpenBIOS] [commit] r793 - in trunk/openbios-devel/fs: hfs hfsplus

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Mon Jun 14 13:18:59 CEST 2010

Blue Swirl wrote:

> Not that I know of. I get the errors with gcc 4.2.4.

I'm currently on 4.5.0 for SPARC64 and 4.3.2 for PPC.

> It looks like PPC is broken:
>
> qemu-system-ppc -boot d -m 128 -cdrom  openSUSE-11.1-NET-ppc.iso -L . -nographic
> qemu: warning: could not load VGA bios 'video.x'
> Could not open option rom 'pxe-ne2k_pci.bin': No such file or directory
>
>>> =============================================================
>>> OpenBIOS 1.0 [Jun 10 2010 20:15]
>>> Configuration device id QEMU version 1 machine id 2
>>> CPUs: 1
>>> Memory: 128M
>>> UUID: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
>>> CPU type PowerPC,750
> Welcome to OpenBIOS v1.0 built on Jun 10 2010 20:15
>
> Unable to open path ,\suseboot\yaboot
> No valid state has been set by load or init-program
> No valid state has been set by load or init-program
>
> No valid state has been set by load or init-program
> No valid state has been set by load or init-program
> No valid state has been set by load or init-program
>>> *** Boot failure! No secondary bootloader specified ***
> No valid state has been set by load or init-program
>>> *** Boot failure! No secondary bootloader specified ***
>
> 0 > QEMU 0.12.50 monitor - type 'help' for more information
> (qemu) q

I bet that's due to the parsing of the load argument. I took a hint from
the CHRP spec which says that the partition id should be parsed from the
load argument so that just the filename is passed down to the next
level, which in this case is misc-files.

My assumption is that load arguments are based upon the following form:

- single digit partition id (0-9, a-f)
- comma
- path

where the partition id and comma are optional. My first guess would be
that this assumption is somehow wrong...

ATB,

Mark.

--
PostgreSQL - PostGIS