[OpenBIOS] [commit] r793 - in trunk/openbios-devel/fs: hfs hfsplus

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Tue Jun 15 19:01:50 CEST 2010

Blue Swirl wrote:

> It looks like PPC is broken:
>
> qemu-system-ppc -boot d -m 128 -cdrom  openSUSE-11.1-NET-ppc.iso -L . -nographic
> qemu: warning: could not load VGA bios 'video.x'
> Could not open option rom 'pxe-ne2k_pci.bin': No such file or directory
>
>>> =============================================================
>>> OpenBIOS 1.0 [Jun 10 2010 20:15]
>>> Configuration device id QEMU version 1 machine id 2
>>> CPUs: 1
>>> Memory: 128M
>>> UUID: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
>>> CPU type PowerPC,750
> Welcome to OpenBIOS v1.0 built on Jun 10 2010 20:15
>
> Unable to open path ,\suseboot\yaboot
> No valid state has been set by load or init-program
> No valid state has been set by load or init-program
>
> No valid state has been set by load or init-program
> No valid state has been set by load or init-program
> No valid state has been set by load or init-program
>>> *** Boot failure! No secondary bootloader specified ***
> No valid state has been set by load or init-program
>>> *** Boot failure! No secondary bootloader specified ***
>
> 0 > QEMU 0.12.50 monitor - type 'help' for more information
> (qemu) q

Okay. I've fixed a couple of bugs related to this (and OpenSUSE works,
although still suffers from the initial incorrect argument parsing) but
now I find that my old Fedora iso fails to boot.

It seems as if Fedora expects the CDROM HFS filesystem to be partition
0, whereas OpenSUSE wants it to be partition 1. In packages/mac-parts.c
I can see that there is an Apple_partition_map slice of the disk
occupying slice 0 of the volume - can anyone with a PPC Mac confirm
whether or not this is or is not included in the OpenBoot partition
numbering?

ATB,

Mark.

--