[OpenBIOS] OpenBios Sparc64

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Fri Aug 5 13:24:50 CEST 2011

On 04/08/11 15:39, Ghitulete Razvan wrote:

> I've written several lines of code in C in which I am trying to access
> the OpenBoot CIF to execute an instruction. But immediately after I do
> the call to the CIF interface address the PROM freezes. Does anyone
> have any ideas why is this so. I'm getting the CIF address from the
> %o4 register passed by SILO

Do you really mean OpenBoot or do you mean OpenBIOS?

There was a bug in earlier versions of OpenBIOS where the CIF arguments
were being read in the wrong order which is now fixed. Basically as you
read the IEEE 1275 specification, left -> right maps to bottom -> top of
stack so it may just be that you need to reverse the order of your
arguments.

Also if you are using OpenBIOS, you can enable DEBUG_CIF in
libopenbios/client.c which will output all the CIF calls and their
arguments on the console to help you.

HTH,

Mark.

--