[OpenBIOS] testing Mac OS X boot on latest trunk (revision 1075)

Amadeusz Sławiński amade at asmblr.net
Thu Dec 6 04:01:10 CET 2012

On Wed, Dec 05, 2012 at 11:22:35PM +0000, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:
> On 05/12/12 19:54, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:
>
> > Yes - that's fine thanks. Time to now code up a patch for testing... :)
>
> Okay - I now have a patch against trunk for mac-parts.c that boots all
> my PPC CD images here, and that I hope should also pick the right
> partition on all your OS X CDs for "dir cd:,\". Can you please test and
> report back to the list?
>

> Many thanks,
>
> Mark.

Great, it works!

The only thing is that seems like mine 10.0 and 10.2 cd's use those
"wrapped" partitions, so it doesn't boot (boot cd:,\\:tbxi) without patch
http://lists.openbios.org/pipermail/openbios/2011-August/006618.html
but it lists some file (dir cd:,\), seems like the ones needed for
booting are somewhere else.
10.4 works fine with or without "wrapped" partitions patch.

Amadeusz