[OpenBIOS] SPARC32 SBus probing with OBP

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Sat May 12 17:46:19 CEST 2012

Hi all,

Does anyone know how OBP probes for in-built SBus devices on SPARC32?
The reason I'm asking is that I'm looking at trying to detect in-built
devices in OpenBIOS, and the SBus documentation suggests that each slot
contains Fcode mapped at offset 0 which is executed to build the device
tree.

Now QEMU currently doesn't do any Fcode mapping within SBus slots, but
according to its boot output OBP still manages to detect hardware such
as graphics cards etc. within certain slots during boot. Is there a
different mechanism used for detecting in-built devices, or is it just
something as simple as a hardcoded list based upon the current machine type?

Many thanks,

Mark.