[OpenBIOS] next-property

Olivier Danet odanet at caramail.com
Sat Jan 4 21:31:33 CET 2014

On 03/01/2014 23:41, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:

>>> Oh that's interesting. Is there anything here that could be shared
>>> with a potential CG6 driver of any sort?
>>>
>>> FWIW for testing you could also try my CG3 patchset here:
>>> https://github.com/mcayland/qemu/tree/cg3-final but you'll probably
>>> want to replace the QEMU,cgthree.bin ROM in QEMU with the one from
>>> OpenBIOS SVN trunk.
>>>
>> I will try !
>
> Great let me know how you get on :)

I have tried your CG3 branch.

NetBSD 6 can start and the console driver successfully detects a CG3.
(The next-property, keyboard and esp.c patches are still necessary...)

The 'small' problem is that there is no X CG3 driver installed ! Available
drivers are CG14, LEO, CG6, FFB (creator 3D) and TCX.
Both CG3 and TCX were removed from latest Xorg distribution (7.7), I guess
TCX is still in NetBSD because they forked it themselves.

The CG3 driver works with NetBSD 5.1 though.

Olivier