[openfirmware] Using Open Firmware as a boot manager

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.openfirmware at telemetry.co.uk
Fri Mar 11 14:01:13 CET 2011

Given a copy of OFW booted from floppy on a PC, is there a comparatively
straightforward way of using it to boot an OS or loader from other block
devices or over the LAN, in the way that I'm used to on Sun kit?

I'm hoping to eventually put it on some ARM-based development boards as
an interactive layer before they boot Linux (etc.) from disc.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk