[openfirmware] Using Open Firmware as a boot manager

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.openfirmware at telemetry.co.uk
Wed Mar 16 11:57:27 CET 2011

Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:

>> http://www.firmworks.com/QuickRef.html
>
> Thanks, I'd missed that and had been working through the IEEE doc.

OK, really trying baby steps here. Accepting that OFW doesn't implement
or allow access to a PC-style BIOS, so can't be used to load any OS that
makes BIOS calls (even if only during initialisation), how can I use it
to examine the partition table, boot sectors, and possibly filesystems
on an IDE disc?

Specifically, on one of my development systems I can see a node
/pci/pci-ide at 1f,1/ide at 0/disk at 0, but what comes next?

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk