[openfirmware] On Raspberry Pi

Mitch Bradley wmb at laptop.org
Sat Sep 15 00:20:58 CEST 2012

As far as I know, nobody has ported OFW to Raspberry Pi yet, but it
would be easy to do.  Once ported, OFW could then boot something else
(e.g. Linux) from USB or LAN.

OFW's network stack supports many other protocols in addition to TFTP.
On the OLPC platform, I routinely boot using HTTP over wireless LAN.  In
the factory, they use OFW to communicate with Windows servers that run
SMB/CIFS.

If someone will arrange for a Raspberry Pi to arrive at my doorstep,
I'll do a quick port.