On the Net
Open Firmware Companies/Vendor support
Open Firmware Documentation
- Forth FAQ
- kForth - programming examples
- DPANS'94 [ HTML ] | [ PDF ] - very interesting: annex D and E.
- Gforth - Forth implementation of the GNU project
- PFE - The Portable Forth Environment is based on the ANSI Standard for Forth. It is targeted for embedded environments.
- vnpforth - contains a traditional compiler, which turns Forth into standard object (.o) files
- Moving Forth - Article on writing Forth Kernels by Brad Rodriguez
- Hayes ANS compliance test - a test for ANS Forth compliance by John Hayes. The OpenBIOS forth kernel passes this test.
- gfob - a forth source obfuscator
- Thoughtful Programming and Forth - an essay by Jeff Fox.
- Selected Forth Papers - at theforthsource.com
Flashing on Linux Systems
- MTD - Memory Technology Device Subsystem for Linux
- /dev/bios - Flash ROM driver for Linux (for flashing System and PCI adapter firmware) (obsolete)
- Uniflash (nonlinux)
- flashrom (coreboot)
Other Open Source Firmware Implementations
- coreboot - The coreboot project bootstraps systems to the point where they can run an OS kernel or any other application or bootloader from flash.
- TIARA - TIARA, an Openbios/GRUB/PFORTH composite, BIOS replacement (dead?)
- Proll - Proll is a firmware replacement for SUN JavaStations to boot Linux
- GNUFI, an open source EFI implementation
- Open Hackware
- SUN OpenBoot
- GBIOS - GBIOS is a GPLed firmware for PowerPC G3/G4 and some Motorola cpus. (dead?)
Virtual Machines and Emulation
- XEN Virtualization
- Bochs - portable open source IA-32 (x86) PC emulator
- DOSemu - DOS Emulation for Linux