[OpenBIOS] [commit] r1073 - trunk/openbios-devel/arch/ppc/qemu

Tarl Neustaedter tarl-b2 at tarl.net
Sat Nov 24 19:37:01 CET 2012

On 2012-Nov-24 09:43 , repository service wrote:
> +\ set the keyboard alias to stdin
> +:noname
> +  active-package
> +  " /aliases" find-device
> +  input-device encode-string " keyboard" property
> +  active-package!
> +; SYSTEM-initializer
> +
>   \ -------------------------------------------------------------------------
>   \ pre-booting
>   \ -------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not sure that's the right answer - the input device isn't
necessarily a keyboard, is it?

The way openboot creates this alias is during device creation. When a
keyboard is created, FCode creates a boolean property "keyboard" in its
device node. Openboot's framework, when device creation is done (I think
it's in finish-device), looks for this property and creates a keyboard
devalias when it exists. That might be heavier weight than needed for
openbios (you don't need to support multiple keyboard drivers, like adb
and usb, independently), but I'm a bit apprehensive about just assuming
input-device is a keyboard.