[OpenBIOS] [commit] r1073 - trunk/openbios-devel/arch/ppc/qemu

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Sat Nov 24 19:47:04 CET 2012

On 24/11/12 18:37, Tarl Neustaedter wrote:

> I'm not sure that's the right answer - the input device isn't
> necessarily a keyboard, is it?
>
> The way openboot creates this alias is during device creation. When a
> keyboard is created, FCode creates a boolean property "keyboard" in its
> device node. Openboot's framework, when device creation is done (I think
> it's in finish-device), looks for this property and creates a keyboard
> devalias when it exists. That might be heavier weight than needed for
> openbios (you don't need to support multiple keyboard drivers, like adb
> and usb, independently), but I'm a bit apprehensive about just assuming
> input-device is a keyboard.

Hi Tarl,

In OpenBIOS, input-device is set during the architecture-specific
initialisation code to either a keyboard/serial port depending upon the
options passed into QEMU. So for example, if I launch QEMU with
-nographic then the OpenBIOS will use the serial ports instead of the
keyboard. Perhaps the comment above the word is slightly misleading, but
the code as it stands will correctly duplicate whatever input device has
been chosen from the QEMU hardware configuration. If there is another
variable I should be using instead, please let me know and I'll make the
relevant changes.

ATB,

Mark.